Our client is a leader in the Corporate Performance Management space. Since 2001, thousands of finance professionals have used the Maestro Suite to transform how they plan, budget, forecast, analyze and report. They are headquartered in Natick, MA.
They have been recognized three years in a row as being one of Inc 5000’s fastest growing private companies, as well as by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Top 50 fastest growth companies in Massachusetts. The company offers a high energy, team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to be a significant contributor in an entrepreneurial environment. The Company also offers a full benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, dental/vision coverage, long and short disability, and life insurance.
They are poised for continued rapid growth through the introduction of new cloud-based SaaS products along with expansion into larger, mid-market customers. The company designs, develops, tests and delivers innovative features for their customers onto their live platform. The ability to consistently deliver new software while maintaining the reliability, quality, and fault tolerance that their customers require makes them stand out in a highly competitive market. To support this, they are making targeted investments to build an excellent software development team and process.
They utilize an agile software development methodology and encourage a collaborative approach to work. The company is hyper-focused on customers with the primary goal of delivering business value early and often. The company is seeking well-versed, flexible software engineers and does not hire based on buzzword technologies.
- Collaborate with other stakeholder teams (Product, Integration and Support) to understand and distill business requirements into technical solutions
- Use agile software development techniques and tools to maximize productivity and quality, including JIRA and Confluence
- Repeatably deploy new features into production with minimal platform downtime and no impact to end customers
- Build business domain expertise in financial planning and analysis, and apply engineering expertise to these business concepts to continually develop new product features
Background and Skills
- A team focus with strong collaboration and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to quickly grasp high-level business goals, derive requirements, and translate them into effective technical solutions
- Exceptional object-oriented thinking, design and programming skills (Java preferred, but they are open to other object-oriented languages)
- Proficiency with SQL, relational data modeling, and basic database schema design
- Penchant toward self-motivation; these words should describe you: dedicated, energetic, curious, conscientious, and flexible
- Software development experience with a unit testing framework (e.g. JUnit) preferred
- Ability to fluidly change context and priorities based on shifting business needs
- Experience in a pragmatic agile software development environment a strong plus
- Financial, budgeting general ledger, ERP or accounting background a strong plus
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5 years as a Software Engineer