The Software Engineer back end – develops and maintains applications by studying operations, designing, developing and installing software solutions and supports the software solutions in production. The ideal candidate has the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and have a consistent track record of delivery. S/he should have strong software and analytical skills and the ability to create innovative solutions with a willingness to learn industry standards, technological advancements, express opinions and seek ideas.
- Develop software using disciplined processes, adhering to industry standards and best practices, including agile development methods throughout the SDLC
- Code, debug, and automated unit test systems per requirements and technical design.
- Code, update, debug and optimize SQL
- Analyzing business and use cases and functional requirements and working with product managers and business analysts to produce detailed designs and provide detailed estimates for new features, enhancements or repairs to existing programs.
- Adhere to design, architecture, performance, and operability and documentation standards.
- Document software applications, its configuration options, and expected results.
- Supporting testing activities by QA and service delivery teams.
- Team player who is delivery-oriented and takes responsibility for the team’s success
- Enthusiastic, can-do attitude with the drive to continually learn and improve
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 4-6 years software engineering experience with enterprise class or large scale SaaS applications
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases such as Oracle / SQL Server / MySQL is required
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries, database concepts, query optimization, stored procedure writing and debugging
- Extensive experience with Visual studio, C# programming language and .Net framework, developing business layer and data access layer using .Net / C# is required.
- Proven track record of analyzing and solving performance issues as they relate to middle tier and back end / database processes
- Object-oriented design skills and knowledge of design patterns is a strong plus
- Some knowledge of Web-Service based technologies such as SOAP, REST, experience with microservices architecture pattern is a strong plus
- Extensive knowledge of unit testing, experience with continuous integration and deployment methodologies, code instrumentation techniques, code quality metrics.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with queuing technologies such as RabbitMQ, MSKQ is a strong plus.
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment and be adept at problem solving and delivery high-quality software
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, Master’s degree preferred