VP Data Science Developer- Midtown
About Markets Technology/ Client Facing Technology
Client Facing Technology (CFT) is responsible for globally supporting and facilitating clients trading strategies. Our clients are typically hedge funds or similar organisations responsible for product discovery. They require a significant degree of customization, have high expectations, and demand very rapid turnaround. The key to success is ensuring our applications form an integrated gateway to the capabilities of the entire firm. This means not only joining forces and sharing data with each other, but building the bridge between Prime Services and the firm’s risk, regulatory, accounting and centralized data services.
About Research IT
The Research IT group is part of the Markets Pre-Trade transaction cycle. The team is responsible for the full lifecycle of research, from initial creation to final delivery to our clients via a number of channels. The research IT group has several teams dealing with different aspects of research authoring, archiving and distribution.
Overall Purpose of role
The candidate will closely with Research data scientists and technical teams to design and build the technological platform for data analysis.
- Work with other technical teams to design the data storage and data pipelines, including selecting the right tools for data requisition, data cleansing, storage and governance
- Work with data scientists to develop data pipelines for the data input for data analytics models
- Assist data scientist to develop data models, including adapting newer technologies in machine learning
- As an experienced developer, mentor other team members in machine learning.
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in machine learning
- 3+ years in extensive programming in Python or R
- 3+ years of experience in relational database or NoSQL database
- 3+ years of experience in using Linux/Unix
- Preferred prior experience in data science project in other financial firms or tech firms
- Preferred graduate degree in statistic analysis or applied mathematics
- Preferred experience in deep learning
- Preferred experience in statistic analysis
- Preferred experience in AWS
- 2+ years of experience in Java
- 2+ years of experience in Big Data