DevOps Engineer – Burlington
Our client is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, they provide comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. They are seeking a Senior Engineer to support their Site Reliability Engineering team.
Ensure the automation of builds, release and monitoring of all products within the ESG portfolio. Along with monitoring, there will be a need to address scaling and performance issues within the product and to work with all teams internally to address these needs and issues.
- Define and automate product build process using Jenkins and Ant
- Define and automate product release to hosting environments ( non-production and production ) using Chef & CloudFormation with the support of scripting where needed ( Powershell, Python, etc… )
- Define and automate product monitoring using custom checks and DataDog
- Facilitate product performance & scaling issue resolution
- Assist in driving HA product architecture solutions
- Support and drive good application architecture and configuration with the product development teams
- Support product deployments
- Support product operations
- Good understanding of DR processes and infrastructures
- All other related duties as assigned.
- 2-4yrs of experience with AWS services ( Cloud Formation, EC2, Lamda, S3, RDS, etc.. )
- 2-4yrs of experience using monitoring solutions ( DataDog, NewRelic, Icinga/Nagios )
- 2-4yrs of experience using build solutions ( Mavin, Jenkins, Ant, Bamboo, etc.. )
- 2-4yrs of experience using Chef
- 2-4yrs of experience using Linux & Windows
- 2-4yrs of experience using enterprise logging solutions ( Splunk, Scalyr, Loggly, Elasticsearch, etc.. )
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
They offer an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!