« Back to Job Listings
core Java/ Front Office/ Equity Derivatives/ Midtown
Client is actively looking for a solid core Java, threading engineer to develop components of risk management system into the Equity Derivatives Trading system. Located in midtown NYC, this is an great opportunity to take a leap to the front office.
You will be responsible to for full life cycle of the real time trading platform which will include to gather business and technological requirements. Support function will include live trading cycle monitoring and being able to intervene and take care of issues in real time.
The requirements are:
– Bachelors Degree at the minimum
– 4+ years of recent experience in developing real time applications in one of the following languages: Java, C++.
– Experience writing multithreaded and socket based applications.
Preferred Qualifications are:
– Excellent OOD understanding;
– Java experience (though candidates that would like to learn Java experience will be considered as well).
– Excellent communication skills; ability to work in a fast paced environment; ability to cope well with multi-tasking and frequent – â€œcontext switchesâ€.
– Large complicated system developing experience is an advantage.
– Scripting language experience (Perl, Python) is an advantage.
– Linux experience
– Familiarity with low level programming
– Local candidates