Senior Software Manager – Boston
Our client, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Senior Software Manager. They partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. They are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Their goal is to bring care home.
The Senior Software Manager will play a critical role in their Engineering Department. Specifically, the Senior Software Manager will help drive execution for the web development team. The right candidate has experience leading teams following the Scrum agile development methodology and is passionate about delivering a quality product on schedule. This position will lead the execution of deliverables for a team of 10-12 Java web developers from planning through release while managing risks and ensuring product quality.
- Manage execution of deliverables for the web development team
- Maintain the release schedule and ensure alignment with other product teams
- Communicate status and schedule to the appropriate stakeholders
- Identify and track project risks and build mitigation strategies
- Lead daily scrums, sprint planning and review meetings
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading agile software development teams
- Deep understanding of software development, management, and release processes
- Ability to break down complex product requirements into an executable plan
- Strong cross-functional communication skills
- Strong technical understanding of web-based client-server applications
- Details oriented, and results driven
- Strong analytical problems solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline