Senior/Principal Java Engineers – Burlington
Senior / Principal Java Developer
Our client is currently expanding the capabilities of their products in several new areas. The Sr. or Principal Java developer (full-time position) will work on developing new middle tier/server side functionality for the system.
They employ 180+ of the best and brightest developers and quality engineers in the software industry. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong, senior level engineering team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space.
Influence and impact the architecture, standards, and design of key product initiatives for applications in C#/WPF and Java servicesContribute as a Sr. individual contributor within a team of top engineersWork in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
· 7 to 10+ years of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
· Sr. Individual Contributor or Architect level considered the top within their organization
· Minimum 5 years of professional Java development experience
· Financial industry experience is ideal but not required; specific development experience of a financial application is a huge plus. Experience developing applications for the financial markets is highly desirable (Fixed Income, Trading, FX, Risk, Portfolio/Wealth Management, Market Data, FIX etc.)
Technical experience includes:
· Extensive Java n-tier application experience
· Hands-on experience with web services
· C#/.NET also highly desirable, but not required
· Strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle or SQL Server
· Knowledge of XML / XSL
· Experience with Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic or WebSphere
· Strong with OO design and development
· Solid grasp of algorithms and solving difficult heuristic/optimization types of problems
Product delivery experience includes:
· Has been a key player in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
· Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector
About the Company
They provide an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. The solution offers a simplified operating model that includes enterprise software, data, application management/upgrades, hosting, and FIX network to improve investment professional productivity, control risk and lower technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in 43 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking, pension and custody markets.
Skill set (Key skills required)
Core Java, strong SQL, Java nTier Software development, multi-threaded development, XML/XSL etc.