Director of Engineering
Our client is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, they provide comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established, global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. We are seeking a Director of Engineering to grow and support our engineering team.
The Director of Engineering will be responsible for leading the North American software development and QA teams in the design and development of SaaS based software products. The ideal candidate must have hands-on technical and management experience.
* Build high-performing teams and provide strong technical leadership
- Mentor the engineering team, supporting their career development and professional growth
- Contribute to technical architecture decisions and lead efforts to build and maintain a scalable software platform
- Lead recruiting efforts for our engineering team
- Be highly process driven and introduce uniform Agile product development processes and KPI
- Achieve enterprise platform scalability and performance goals
- Collaborate with development teams in the UK to build interoperable platforms
- Work closely with architecture and product management teams to deliver products with measurable quality
- Willing to travel to your teams in Atlanta, Dallas and any future locations 5-6 times per year
- 7+ years of demonstrated success in a management position for the development of a complex business applications software offering
- 5+ years of which should include the entire life cycle from specification through development, product design, execution of working prototypes, beta testing, QA, product release, and sustaining engineering
- Prior experience working for enterprise software/analytics companies
- Experience in SaaS, .Net, node.js and Java environments is required with Oracle and any NoSQL experience a plus
- Must have some experience with cloud technologies e.g,, AuroraDB, Redshift, Kinesis, S3 etc.
- Must have demonstrated ability to spot technology trends (e.g. open-source code development, crowdsourcing, mobile platforms, etc.) and translate these trends into implications on future product development
- Able to provide performance and scalability technical guidance to achieve product performance targets
- Must be a proven leader with superior communications skills, well-developed management and interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience with introducing agile transformation as well as proper agile/scrum methodologies and metrics
- Prior ability to attract, retain and manage remote teams
- Prior experience at a growth or PE backed company is a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied math, or a related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
They offer an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, health benefits, life and disability insurance, 401k retirement plan and paid time off.