Chief Information Security Officer – Burlington or Norwell
Chief Information Security Officer
Our client is the retail energy industry’s leading provider of transaction management (EDI), billing and CIS, pricing, demand scheduling, and wholesale energy software services. Offering the industry’s only end-to-end business process solution, they provide comprehensive and proven solutions for the unique business process needs of start-up retail suppliers and established global suppliers of natural gas and electricity – and to everyone in between. Their 300 plus retail supplier clients support over 15 million residential, commercial and industrial customers in production behind over 130 electric and gas utilities in the US, Canada, Mexico, UK, Australia and Japan.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company in an exciting evolving industry. They are seeking a Chief Information Security Officer to join their team.
The Chief Information Security Offices will be responsible for the information security across the organization globally and will shape the overall security strategy. The CISO is responsible for providing the vision and leadership for developing, supporting and implementing all security initiatives including risk management, risk assessment, vulnerability assessments, threat monitoring, compliance, audit and certification.
- Develop and revise existing information security policies, guidelines, standards and concepts
- Support the development of a long term strategic roadmap which aligns to the future needs of the organization which includes the prioritization of critical cybersecurity initiatives with data security informational security advancements
- Protect corporate cyber security information day to day
- Implement and achieve key quality and productivity metrics for data security and management
- Identify deficiencies and provide achievable solutions to accomplish short and long-term security goals
- Facilitate and conduct periodic security audits using all aspects of the control policy, including internally and externally managed applications
- Monitor business continuity and recovery procedures to ensure security architecture and features are functioning properly following system failures or outages
- Facilitate and perform vulnerability testing with application development and infrastructure/network teams
- Contribute to annual security budget planning
- Serve as an escalation point for resolving issues, conflicts of priority and obtaining decisions for managing the impact of change
- Work cross-functionally and with Leadership team to ensure successful adoption and enforcement of security awareness, policies and training
- 10+ years of experience working in IT Security, with 5+ years holding a leadership role
- Past hands-on experience in multiple security knowledge areas (i.e. identity and access management, endpoint and mobile security, network security, incident response, compliance, and application security)
- Ability to manage multiple projects spanning a range of geographic and international locations
- Excellent understanding of the Information Security industry, including architecture, incident management and technical analysis of threats
- Strong knowledge of all security frameworks (ISO/IEC 27001, SOC1, SOC2, ITIL COBIT, etc). Experience with GDPR a plus
- Strong background communicating IT security issues and risk to non-technical audiences
- Proven experience in planning, organizing and developing IT security and facility security system technologies
- Must be a proven leader with superior communications skills, well-developed management and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional strategic thinker, creative, problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge with some experience in security control with monitoring in Windows, Linux, database, Cisco, telecomm and virtual network/computing environments
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel 25-30% within the U.S and internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in telecommunications, information technology or a related discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
- Certification preferred in CISM, ITIL, CISSP
They offer an attractive compensation package with competitive pay, unlimited paid time off, health insurance coverage, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401k retirement plan, and more!