New York Tri-State Area
Up to 180k
As Software Development Team Lead is directly responsible for the development of core product functionality as well as leads and mentors junior software engineers and supervises the work they do.
· Providing technical leadership of design, implementation, and process.
· Hands-on programming, design, and code reviews (approximately 75+% of time).
· Allocating tasks among the assigned project development resources.
· Providing accurate development estimates and updating project resource plans.
· Delivering high quality software releases on-time.
· Assisting with hiring additional software engineers.
· Minimum of 5 years hands-on software development of Java applications
· Familiarity with database systems and NoSQL
· Experience adapting the best aspects of Agile and other methodologies
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience designing large object-oriented software systems
· Experience leading Agile/Scrum development.
· Experience managing development staff
· Knowledge of continuous integration, test automation, microservice and other best development practices
· Experience optimizing performance of Java-based for performance and scale
· Experience in designing for and testing under large data volumes and stress conditions, including the use of stress testing tools
· Source control, particularly Git.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent